Here are 10 Gift Wrapping Tips for you to help you through the holiday season.
I wanted to come up with wrapping ideas with things you may have in your home or you can do on a budget.
1. White Box with brown paper, cut with pinking shears for ribbon. The bow is made with the wrapping paper roll, cut into 1/2″ rings glued in the center and add a pom pom.
2. White Box with scrap of paper to make band around center. Get construction paper from your kiddos room to cut leaves and grab some more pom poms from the bag. (The picture is below and a big bag of pom poms was $1 at the Dollar Store). You can use the leaf as a the gift tag too.
3. Use Craft Paper (you can get rolls of this at the .99 Cents or $1 Dollar Store). Add white ribbon and white lace from the sewing box.
4. Red and White paper with white pom poms hot glued on to form a tree.
5. Striped wrapping paper with a band of scrap burlap. Make a snowflake out of some skinny ornaments and tie on with pretty red ribbon. I found the ornaments last year at Big Lots after Christmas.
6. Find a favorite photo, and another small piece of construction paper along with some buttons and small pom poms and you have a gift that is personal or great for grandma or someone special. I’ll show the how too soon.
7. Brown Craft Paper tied up with red n white ticking stripe fabric and the bow was made with fabric scraps, crochet and ribbon scraps.
8. Chinese take out boxes make great gift wrap for small gifts. I love to use these for my nail gal, teachers, mailman etc.
I cut craft paper with pinking shears and added more lace from the sewing box. I tied white ribbon with some lace scraps for the bow.
9. Another Chinese takeout box I wrapped with cellophane and added a lollypop and some wire ribbon and smaller ribbon scraps. You can get the Chinese takeout boxes at Smart & Final for $5 for a ton, and the cellophane at the .99 Cents store.
10. Use Scotch Expressions Tape to decorate your packages. I have been wrapping lots of fun things with this fabulous tape and will share a bunch of ideas and how to’s in another post so stay tuned.
10a. I didn’t want to short change you since the last one didn’t show a picture of a gift, so here’s more. Use Pringles Containers to wrap baked goods, socks makeup and more. If you want to see more click here.
Do you need a little more inspiration?? Wrap your wine bottles in pretty Pottery Barn Inspired Wine Bags you make. Wrap your Starbucks in Coffee Cozies you make with $1 Store Socks. Make fabulous Gift Bags. And if you need just a few more Gift Wrapping Tips click here.
Hope those were helpful and give you some great ideas to help make your gift wrapping easy.
By now I should be on my way to New York to compete in Scotches Most Gifted Wrapper Contest. I’ll be going up against some incredible wrappers. Please follow along with me on your favorite Social Media buttons below.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa
Here is our Holiday House Tour!! Our house is decorated for Christmas and our tree is up. Are you ready for the holiday? I'll show you around our home today. We're leaving for New York tomorrow so I've tried to do most of the decorating early. Our tree is done in lots of red and … [Read More...]
Here is my video entry for the Scotch Most Gifted Wrapper Contest. I wasn't sure about sharing because I look like a dork, but some family and friends asked to see it so, what the heck. If you are new here, I'll bring you up to speed. Scotch had a contest, called Scotch Most Gifted Wrapper … [Read More...]
Here's how to make Armenian Cheese Boreg! We were going to dinner at our very dear friends home and I was so excited when she said "Bring your camera and I'm going to teach you how to make it." The thing that's crazy is I'm half Armenian and my relatives make it, but I never … [Read More...]
Hi Friends, thanks for stopping in and wishing you all a wonderful holiday and safe travels today. Here are some $1 Store Oven Mitts & Pot Holders that I embellished with cute ruffles and hearts. This is another great gift idea where you take these inexpensive $1 Store items and turn them … [Read More...]
Here's some cute Nutcracker Wall Art that is super easy to make. Have you thought about holiday decorating yet? Or are you already in full swing?? I'm just getting going and I made these after seeing a version of them in a holiday magazine. All you need are some black frames and a … [Read More...]
Hi and hope you're having a great morning. We're getting some of the Christmas décor up and we did a little Hot Cocoa Station in the Kitchen Nook for my daughter and her friends. Ok, maybe for me too. What is it about this chilly weather that you just want to snuggle and drink hot cocoa … [Read More...]
Hi friends, are you ready for Thanksgiving or Turkey Day?? I am not a Turkey expert but have put together a little compilation of great Turkey and Thanksgiving Tips and fabulous ideas and wanted to share them with you. Here are just a few: Photo source: Hollywoodmag.net 1. Do … [Read More...]
Here are some cute Coffee Cozies you can make with dollar store socks. How fun and festive are these? and perfect for all your coffee drinking friends too. They literally cost .25 cents each to make and are super easy too. My daughter LOVES coffe and Starbucks of course!! She is so easy to … [Read More...]